Eye Care Interview for Radio Television Brunei
At Radio Television Brunei today for a fun discussion on eye health with nurse Juliana and our host, Waali.
We shared our best tips and advice on caring for your eyes including when to get your eyes checked:
- You are over 40 and have eye issues in your family (yearly)
- You are diabetic (yearly)
- If your vision problems do not improve after receiving glasses
- Sudden blurring or loss of vision
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Change in appearance of ‘floaters’
- Swelling/ redness
Also, we advised on the increasing risk of myopia (near-sightedness) in kids. Parents can help by reducing screen time and encouraging play in larger, open spaces. Reading with good lighting is also beneficial and only using glasses that have been prescribed.
Overall, it was a real pleasure to help share awareness of eye health and promote healthy habits. Of course, if you are concerned in any way, it’s best to check with your local doctor or healthcare professional.